What can I drive with a MR driving licence?
- A MR (Medium Rigid) Licence covers trucks and buses with a GVM more than eight tonnes and two axles. You must have held your car Licence or higher for at least 12 months.
- Any towed trailer must not weigh more than nine tonnes GVM.
- A Medium Rigid Licence Course is ideal for people who want work in jobs such as : local freight deliveries, removalists, car carriers, coaches and buses drivers, and many more.
How do I get my MR Licence?
- Have held a class C licence, (except a learner licence) or equivalent for one year or more. Any time you've spent on a P1 licence counts, but you can't practice to drive an MR vehicle, or upgrade to an MR licence until you hold a P2 or full class C licence
- Pass the MR knowledge test at RMS
- Pass an eyesight test at RMS (learn more)
- Contact U Learn Truck Driving School on 0414 422 132 to book your training and assessment.
- Undertake a Heavy Vehicle competency based assessment (HVCBA)
What is HVCBA?
HVCBA( Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment) gives you the flexibility to choose your driving school such as U Learn Truck Driving school to organise your training and assessment. We will train you in specifically set-out vehicles to make your learning experience comfortable and pleasurable. All of our trucks are fully insured and well maintained.
Under HVCBA, you’ll be assessed under a wide range of driving conditions by our assessors who have been accredited by Roads and Maritime Services. U Learn Truck Driving School will deliver your training course as well as organise an assessor to conduct your assessment.
Once you successfully completed your course, you can go to a registry or service centre to be issued with your upgraded licence.
When you've successfully completed HVCBA
Once you’ve successfully completed all the required criteria, and passed:
You can then attend a registry or service centre in person and apply for your upgraded licence. You’ll need to:
A photo will then be taken at the RMS, and your licence will be on its way.